Purpose and Description
As an Account Manager (AM), you will be responsible for managing, developing and growing existing client partnerships on an assigned portfolio of select turf & ornamental and/or snow & ice clients. The AM is the primary day-to-day service liaison to the client, ensuring that both the client’s and firm’s expectations for quality are satisfied or exceeded. The AM coordinates with the Account Executive and Operations Manager to ensure that the highest quality services are performed, while simultaneously meeting or exceeding the firm’s profitability standards. As a proactive steward, the AM works with the client to maximize value; mitigate risk; identify and solve problems; provide timely solutions; and enhance the overall appearance, appeal and/or safety of the client’s property. This is achieved primarily through routine property site audits and inspections; the daily management of client contractual obligations; proactive and transparent communication; responsively addressing any client needs within a 24-hour period; networking with existing clients; and providing clear, timely, detailed, and insightful instructions to field staff.
- Develop and maintain lasting, profitable, and dependable partnerships with clients as proven by a 95% client retention rate year-over-year.
- Use transparent, responsive and proactive communication skills and techniques to develop a good rapport with clients by meeting firm specific standards for client responsiveness.
- Plan, organize and manage the daily execution of client contractual obligations serving as the primary contact for all service-related needs and/or requests.
- Conduct routine site audits, client walk-through inspections and/or project completion inspections to ensure optimal quality and service expectations are met or exceeded.
- Complete at least two proactive site audits for client’s contracting a full-suite of turf & ornamental services during season.
- Conduct at least one proactive site audit during season for client’s contracting at least one recurring turf & ornamental service and/or snow & ice service.
- Conduct site audits as needed for snow & ice clients by visiting at least each client once during winter season.
- Document detailed observations and pictures or each site visit using established firm procedures.
- Plan, organize, and lead regular topical strategy meetings with Operations to highlight unforeseen client solutions and/or opportunity for gain; address known client concerns; develop and refine departmental best practices; proactively identify potential problems within production; and communicate any needs for training, discipline, and process improvement.
- Effectively communicate to Operations Manager to ensure all field reporting, job assignments, work orders, service orders, and records are completed accurately, on-time, and on budget.
- Effectively communicate to Account Executive to ensure all job costing, job profitability, site audits, and client correspondence records are completed accurately.
- Identify and target opportunities for improved client service through stewardship audits and achieve a yearly up-sell / enhancement goal of $ 300,000, which is in addition to annual renewals throughout these opportunities.
- Work in conjunction with Account Executive to prepare and send timely renewal agreements within the assigned portfolio.
- Network with clients to maintain complete market awareness and develop trust.
- Occasionally tasked to network and support Account Executive to secure new market opportunities on larger prospects or clients.
- Generate new sales through referrals from existing clients.
- Accountable for managing contractual obligations to achieve firm’s profitability goals.
- Identify areas of opportunity to increase sales expansion and revenue.
- Responsible for accurate, timely and professional estimates and/or agreements.
Required Qualifications & Attributes
- Proven communication and interpersonal skills in order to work closely as a key member of senior management team and efficiently build rapport and trust with clients.
- High School diploma or equivalent (GED)
- Must obtain Landscape Industry Certification in either Turf or Ornamental Maintenance within one year of employment.
- Minimum of two years of previous industry experience and/or client relations-related experience.
- Valid Ohio Driver’s License and the ability to meet organizational insurance requirements.
- Ability and willingness to travel extensively within the firm’s service area.
- Must be capable of working outdoors and visiting job sites on a regular basis.
- Proficient in the use of various computer and technology platforms including, but not limited to, Microsoft Office Software (Excel, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint), Apple smart phone, and firm proprietary software.
- Must maintain regular and reliable attendance at a level acceptable to the firm, including the ability to work overtime, holidays, evenings or weekends as necessary during winter.
- Strong organizational, documentation, and time management skills are necessary in order to managing competing priorities and client needs.
- Keen eye for detail when estimating, preparing proper bids, and conducting site audits.
- Problem-solving ability will be critical in order to provide proactive solutions and/or timely resolutions to clients.